Thin joint blockwork ties ties are hammered directly in to thin joint blocks, providing a high speed and reliable connection. Suitable for all makes and strengths of aircrete blocks and in cavities up to 150mm wide. CE Marked to BS EN 845-1
Thin Joint Wall Ties
Cavity wall ties for tying thin joint blockwork construction. Thor Helical thin joint wall ties are precision engineered for fixing to Thermalite, Celcon, Xella and similar gas aerated thermal blocks.
The helical wall ties are hammered directly in to thin joint blocks to a depth of 85mm. Work hardened helical blades cut a precise interlocking thread into the host wall material providing a high speed and reliable connection. Patented pitch accuracy ensures unrivaled performance in thermal blocks.
Thin joint wall ties are cold-roll profiled and twisted to form a 7mm diameter helical tie with a cross sectional area of just 10mm2 and a nominal tensile strength of 11kN. The dynamic stiffness of the ties is less than 113MN/m3, taking both cavity width and tie density of 2.5 ties per square metre into account.
- Suitable for all makes and strengths of aircrete blocks – 2.8 to 10.5N/mm2
- Suitable for wide cavities – up to 150mm.
- Thor Helical thin joint wall ties conform to BS EN 845-1 and conditions for CE marking according to Annex ZA.1
- The ties meet the requirements of PD 6697 as a type 2 or 3 tie, the classification being dependent on the strength of the block and the width of the cavity:
Thin joint ties are supplied in cartons of 2000 pieces. They can be packed in distributor-supplied boxes in bespoke quantities.
The 7mm ø Thor Helical thin joint wall ties are manufactured from AISI304 Austenitic Stainless Steel. The thin joint ties are supplied standard lengths of:
- 205mm ties for 50mm cavity
- 230mm ties for 75mm cavity
- 255mm ties for 100mm cavity
- 280mm ties for 120mm cavity
- 305mm ties for 150mm cavity
|Block Strength||50 – 100mm Cavity||125 – 150mm Cavity|
|2.8 – 4.0 N/mm2||Type 3 Tie||Type 3 Tie|
|7.0 – 10.5 N/mm2||Type 2 Tie||Type 3 Tie|
PERFORMANCE LOADS at 150mm cavity (taken from CE Mark Testing)
PERFORMANCE LOADS at 100mm cavity (taken from CE Mark Testing)
TYPICAL MECHANICAL PROPERTIES OF THOR HELICAL THIN JOINT TIES
|0.2% Proof Stress||>880N/mm2|
|Ultimate Tensile Strength*||1025-1225N/mm2|
|Mean Tensile Capacity #||11kN|
* Ultimate Tensile Strength is measured within a calibrated tolerance of +/- 2%
# Mean Tensile Capacity is an indicative value derived from CSA x Mean UTS
For fixing Super-7 wall ties to thin joint blockwork you need a hammer or an SDS installing tool.